Wednesday, March 14, 2012

More Antics from the Past Few Days

Penelope regularly sits herself up from being on her back. She also balances much better when sitting up and can flail all appendages and not fall over. She has also figured out how to pivot and move around more. Not quite sure how she does it, but P can now get through the small pathway between the couch and chair. It used to be an obstacle because a horizontally rolling baby is wider than the opening. No longer a problem! I found her on the other side of the opening on Monday.
P then decided to make up a new game. This toy is one of those "drop the ball in the hole and watch it roll down the 4 layers" toys. She decided to take the layers apart and instead of dropping the ball down the "ramp hole", she wanted to turn it upside down and put the ball in the shaft of the toy---over and over again.
The ball is out...
And now I'm working on putting the ball in (but it's hard to do when I'm also smiling for the camera)...
She's proud of herself, and also smiles oddly whenever she sees the camera. She's back to the "squinty" smile.
Again with the squinting.
So happy with herself (and slightly post-squinting)!
If it's fun to put the ball in the shaft of the toy, then it is also fun to put the ball in another hole: Dad's mouth! (And, the squinty smile)
Ball out!
Hooray! I'm SO smart!

2 comments:

Duane Kay said...

Who's your daddy!

Texas JennyWren said...

How fun that she is playing with y'all now. I remember that age and know you are enjoying her so very much. Can't wait to see you next month!!