Monday, October 15, 2012

Dave's Birthday

Dave's birthday was on Oct 11th.  This first picture has nothing to do with that.  It is just a picture of P doing one of her favorite things: eating popcorn with Dad.
 For Dave's birthday this year Penelope and I got him a few presents, and we got a babysitter and went to dinner the day after.  I got him some clothes:
 P helped him open his presents:
 For dinner we went to Metro 29 Diner in Arlington, which was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.  We weren't super impressed with our dinner entrees; next time we'll try breakfast and desserts.  They make all their own breads and desserts, so maybe that's a better option.  Our entrees were a little bland.
 Dave got orange glazed duck:
 I got the pork chops.  Yes, my entree came with 3 pork chops, a cup of soup, a side salad, a vegetable and potatoes.  TONS of food!  But, it was an $18 entree.  Dave's meal came with all that stuff, too! Next time we'll share!
 I love taking pictures of my food!  I did it all the time in Germany and Sweden, and they're some of my favorite pics!
 To finish off Dave's birthday I made cupcakes and brought them to his work today.  Since it is Dave we're talking about, and he has a love of all things coconut, I got a recipe from a lady in the ward (AWESOME) for coconut cream cupcakes.  Now I want one of these cupcake carriers, it made things SO easy!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your haircut! So chic and elegant on you. We need to swap some recipes by the way -- coconut cupcakes sound de-lish!

About my program and daycare: I start classes in January, but since the girls got accepted to our #1 daycare so early, I'm starting research in a few weeks before classes start. We were scrambling to find a daycare option we felt comfortable with. Ideally we wanted to hire an LDS family in Winfield to take our girls, but that just wasn't working out. So we applied to the Child Development Lab on campus and assumed we wouldn't get in since they like "diversity". Oddly though, the CDL was lacking 2-year-old girls, so we got accepted almost immediately. We feel really lucky since it's an awesome daycare that provides tuition discounts to low-income families.

I would love to see you in IL again! that gets me excited!

Natalie C. said...

Yum! I want you to teach me how to make duck! :) And I pretty much want all Michelle's cupcake recipes. :) I think she should open a store. ;)

Natalie C. said...

Yum! I want you to teach me how to make duck! :) And I pretty much want all Michelle's cupcake recipes. :) I think she should open a store. ;)